I thought I’d share about our recent woes of drum recording. We have been working very hard on recording new material and getting ready for another EP and also some licensing material. We have been organized and well rehearsed and knew these drum parts were going to take no time at all.
We sat down at Derek took a lot of time to tune his drums. It took a little more time than usual because of the newish drum heads he put on the drums. We got all the mics placed and were about ready to get levels when Derek received the text 911. His wife had called and shared that we was having some flooding in his house unexpectedly and we needed to leave right away to fix the emergency. This was frustrating on many levels, but what can you do. Before we left we decided to come back on Thursday and try again.
We got the drums set-up, mics placed, levels checked and were about ready to record when pro tools didn’t want to work for us. Every time we pushed record either pro tools shut down or the whole computer shut down. We spent 2 of the 3 hours we pegged for this easy drum session on fixing this problem. We tried everything under the sun to get pro tools up and running and all the sudden pro tools magically decided to work and don’t quite know why.
We then did what we could but needed more time. We’re going back in on this Sunday to attempt again this easy drum session. It makes you wonder why life at times has to be so confusing. The only thing I can say is that we certainly have learned a lot in the process, unfortunately it wasn’t what I had hoped to learn. Let’s hope Sunday has no issues.